Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
lighthouse-SC116611.tif
Primary light and spare at the Cape Blanco Lighthouse near Port Orford along Oregon's Coast. Cape Blanco's original lens was replaced in 1936 by a second-order revolving Fresnel lens with eight bull's-eyes. The new lens, rotated by an electric motor powered by a generator, produced a white flash every twenty seconds. The motor and lens are still operating in the tower today.