Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
sp-2472-SC111202.jpg
Southern Pacific 2472 passes by the signal arms near the Sunol Depot in Niles Canyon. Built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1921, and used by the Southern Pacific Railroad until its retirement in 1956, No. 2467 was restored to operation by the Pacific Locomotive Association in 1999. The 4-6-2, 150 ton steam locomotive now runs through Niles Canyon as part of the Niles Canyon Railway.