Southern Pacific 2472 passes by the signal arms near the Sunol Depot in Niles Canyon. Built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1921, and used by the Southern Pacific Railroad until its retirement in 1956, No. 2472 was restored to operation by the Golden Gate Railroad Museum in 1991. It made its inaugural appearance at the Sacramento Railfair '91. The 150 ton steam locomotive is operated by the GGRM and operates on the Niles Canyon Railway for special events.